The members of ASPB’s Women in Plant Biology Committee are excited to celebrate Women’s History Month by sharing our personal stories from women in science who inspired us, who gave us the courage to move forward in hard times, who helped us to grow by sharing their wisdom, and who contributed immensely to our scientific and personal development. We hope our stories will shine a light on the indispensable contributions of women role models in our careers.
Below is the current collection of posts by the Women in Plant Biology Committee.
- Increasing Diversity in the Plant Sciences: The Pioneer Role of the Women in Plant Biology Committee
- Lead by Courage, My Inspiring Women in Science: Florence Dunkel by Burcu Alptekin
- My Women Heroes: The Pioneer, The Quiet Leader, and Outstanding Supporters by Eva M. Farré
- The Legend, The Power, and Indominable Mothers: My Women Heroes by Rebecca Roston
- My Inspiring Women Role Models by Maryam Rahmati Ishka
- The Quiet Inspiration of Enid MacRobbie by Jenny Mortimer