Eligible: US applicants; Deadline for all application parts: 3 March 2022
The North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) invites applications from US plant scientists in 3 categories to participate in the International Conference on Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) taking place June 20-24 in Belfast, Ireland.
Award eligibility is limited by the funder to US citizens or US Permanent residents that live and work in the US
3 awards categories
- Category 1: IN-PERSON* Early Career Researcher (ECR) partial participation awards to US plant biologists that are students, postdocs in postdoc title, or pre-tenure junior faculty (and that are NOT a member of the groups under-represented in US science listed in 2)
- We will award up to 15 awards of $1,000 each, as reimbursements, for eligible ICAR costs; receipts must be submitted e.g. registration, lodging, travel, following NSF rules. Additional information will be sent to selected awardees.
- Ready to apply for a Category 1 award? Instructions here.
- Category 2: IN-PERSON* Inclusivity Scholars Program (ISP) full funding awards to US plant biologists that are Native/African/Latinx American of Central/South American descent only; OR plant biology faculty at HBCU, 1890, Black-serving institution in the US and that mentor, teach, support members of under-represented groups.
- We will award up to 10 full funding awards to include: coordinated registration, economy and travel, following NSF rules. Full details will be sent to selected awardees who will join the NAASC ISP Cohort for coordinated activities and travel. The vast majority of ISP participation costs will be paid up-front by NAASC.
- Ready to apply for a Category 2 award? Instructions here.
- Category 3: VIRTUAL/ONLINE Participation Awards (VOPA) covering virtual registration fee *only* for US plant biologists that qualify in either/both of categories 1 or 2, and/or have financial need, and wish to participate virtually. Reimbursement requires submission of registration receipt to support actual costs paid. Registration fees are ~$120- $240 USD (depending on currency exchange at time of purchase) for early career and regular applicants, respectively. VOPA applicants do not need to submit a letter of support.
- Ready to apply for a Category 3 award? Instructions here.
Ready to apply? Full instructions here
*IN-PERSON awardees that switch to virtual attendance will have a maximum award amount equal to the cost of online registration. Category 1 & 2, in-person awardees, must inform NAASC of any switch to virtual attendance by Monday 23 May, 2022, ~ 1 month prior to ICAR start, or full award is forfeit.
Community support are provided by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. Award #1518280. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.