Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion (if any) sponsored by Plantae, ASPB or GPC, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- By providing the above information you consent to our use of the information for the purposes set out below.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous interaction with you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers by Plantae’s two technical partners: Protech Data Services and Small World Labs. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features according to industry best-practices to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where Plantae and/or ASPB has delegated responsibility for the fulfilment of your order to a third party.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. In such cases you will be notified in advance of such an event.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our site will contain links to and from the websites of our partner network and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Communications From Underage Individuals
Plantae will not initiate communication with any individual under the age of 18. If an underage individual initiates communication for specific information on plant biology, we will respond to their email with generic information and ask them to involve their parent/guardian in further communications. Public forums as defined below are typically not monitored by ASPB directly. Parents should caution children when participating on any public forum.
Access to Information
You have the right to access information held about you. If you want a copy of all information held about you, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to add your own text